Partner - Kelly IP LLP
Linda McLeod has unique experience that makes her one of the most sought-after lawyers to handle trademark cases before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. As a former TTAB administrative trademark judge and interlocutory attorney, she has extensive experience litigating cases through trial before the TTAB and related appeals.
Ms McLeod also has a proven track record handling appeals before the Federal Circuit, having scored a recent victory in a precedential ruling in Couture v Playdom Inc. She also recently prevailed in a long-running trademark opposition proceeding before the TTAB on behalf of a firm pro bono client in the disaster and humanitarian relief field.
Ms McLeod was appointed by the secretary of commerce to serve on the Trademark Public Advisory Committee of the US Patent and Trademark Office (UPSTO) between 2011 and 2014. She currently serves on the International Trademark Association Trademark Office Practices Committee – USPTO Subcommittee and on the Amicus Committee of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Ms McLeod has earned numerous accolades and recognition for her expertise, including being:
- ranked among the top trademark lawyers for both contentious and non-contentious trademark matters in Washington DC by the WTR 1000 (2011-2016);
- recognised as an IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property (2014-2016);
- named in Managing Intellectual Property’s Top 250 Women in IP;
- awarded Best in Trademarks by Legal Media Group’s America’s Women in Business Law Awards (2012 and 2013); and
- a recommended trademark lawyer by the Legal 500
Before joining Kelly IP, Ms McLeod was a partner at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP in Washington DC.
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email