Managing Partner - Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Donna G White is the managing partner of Osler’s Ottawa office. Ms White’s practice focuses on trademark prosecution with a significant emphasis on proceedings before the Trademarks Opposition Board. Her expertise encompasses international and domestic trademark counselling, licensing, internet and domain name issues, trademark enforcement and product labelling. She regularly counsels clients on international registration and the management of domestic and international portfolios. Ms White is on the editorial board of Internet Law & Business. She is also former chair of the Trademark Agents Board of Examiners and was a member for many years of the editorial board of the Canadian Patent Reporter.
Ms White is author of Selecting and Protecting Trademarks: A Practice Guide and has spoken extensively on international and domestic trademark protection at many conferences and seminars.
The clients that Ms White has advised or represented include NBA Properties Inc, Live Nation Worldwide, Bausch & Lomb Inc, ADP Inc, Bloomberg LP, Combe Incorporated, Hard Candy LLC, Wrangler Apparel Corp and Eddie Bauer Licensing Services LLC, as well as numerous celebrities, entertainers and fashion designers.
Ms White has been recognised in Canadian and worldwide rankings including:
- WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2017 (prosecution and strategy – gold band);
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2018 (IP law);
- Chambers Canada: Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 (intellectual property);
- Managing IP 2017 (IP Star – Canada);
- Who’s Who Legal 2017: Trademarks;
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2017, repeatedly recommended in the area of intellectual property;
- World Intellectual Property Review 2016, recognised leader in the area of IP private practice; and
- the latest Expert Guides: Women in Business Law (trademark).
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email