Managing Partner - Darae Law & IP Firm
Yong Sig Cho passed the 25th Bar Association Examination in 1983. He holds an LLM from Northwestern University Law School and has participated in the chief executive officer course at Soon Chun Hyang University Graduate School of Health Science; the advanced management programme at Waseda University Business School; the international leaders course at the Graduate School of International Studies; and the advanced industrial strategy programme at Seoul National University College of Engineering.
Mr Cho has worked as a military judicial officer and as a judge at the Patent Court, the Daegu High Court and the Daegu District Court.
Mr Cho has been visiting researcher at the University of Tokyo College of Law; vice chairman of the Seoul Bar Association, the Korea Industrial Property Law Association and the Korean and Japanese Bar Association; legal adviser to the Law Times, the New Intellectual Association, the Korean Industrial Technology Association and the INNOBIZ Association; a director of the Korea IP Rights Legislation Institute; and an auditor at the Korean Intellectual Property Society and the Hanyang University Venture Alumni Association. He has lectured at the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology; the Graduate School of Management at the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (IP law); the Hanyang University College of Engineering and College of Law; the Korea Productivity Centre (IP law); the International IP Training Institute under the Korean Intellectual Property Office; and the Youngsan University Graduate School of Law.
Mr Cho’s publications include:
- “Intellectual Property Rights in the Digital Age”, Japan-Korea Lawyers Association Journal, 2001;
- “Measures to Prevent Industrial Technology Outflow”, Small & Medium Business Administration, 2002;
- “Requirements for parallel import found in precedents”, A Study of Patent Lawsuits Vol 1, 2006;
- A Study on the Effective Managerial Schemes of Patent Trust System, Korea Technology Transfer Centre, 2009;
- Patent Law (co-translator), Bobmunsa Publishing Co, 2011;
- Copyright Law (co-translator), Bobmunsa Publishing Co, 2008; and
- “Understanding Intellectual Property and Success Strategies”, Law Times, 2011.
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email