Partner - ZY Partners
Hui Zhang has unparalleled experience in handling complex IP litigations in China. Ms Zhang has represented a variety of multinational clients in high-stakes IP litigations in China involving the protection of patents, trade secrets, trademarks and copyright.
Her main practice involves:
• providing the full range of IP-related legal services to multinational clients in various industries (eg, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, electronics, finance, audiovisual, software, automobiles, food, clothing and accessories, cosmetics), including the acquisition, maintenance, enforcement, licensing and assignment of IP rights and investment-related technology agreements;
• providing trademark agent services in China and Asia- Pacific, as well as the United States and Europe, for trademark applications, oppositions and cancellations, trademark portfolio management and trademarkrelated enquiries;
• providing copyright registration services in China;
• participating in patent invalidation proceedings and assisting clients in maintaining patent rights and/or invalidating adverse parties’ patents in China;
• participating in patent/trademark judicial review proceedings and assisting clients in court actions against decisions made of the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board/Patent Re-examination Board on the validity of trademark/patent rights;
• representing clients in litigation in China against patent, trademark, copyright or trade secret infringements and unfair competition activities, from litigation strategies, provisional measures (eg, evidence or asset preservation and preliminary injunctions) and trial proceedings to the enforcement of court judgments; and
• representing clients in antitrust matters in China, including offshore M&A notification, enquiries and research.
Before joining ZY Partners, Ms Zhang worked for a major international law firm and was an IP judge for the highest judicial authority in China.
Ms Zhang received her BSc in computer software from Chongqing University and her LLM from Renmin University. She participated in the EU-China Legal and Judicial Cooperation Programme in 2002.
Ms Zhang is a member of the Beijing City Bar Association, the All China Bar Association and the International Trademark Association.