Anand and Anand is a full-service IP law firm providing end-to-end legal solutions covering all aspects of intellectual property and related areas. The firm is professionally managed by a partnership board comprising 23 partners and four directors, which is supported by a management team comprising a chief executive officer, chief financial officer and chief information officer. The firm employs over 300 people, including more than 100 qualified attorneys and engineers and has offices based in New Delhi, Noida, Chennai and Mumbai.
The firm’s clients consist of several large multinational and Indian companies representing a broad spectrum of industries, including healthcare, electronics, consumer goods, industrial goods, automobiles, wind energy, technology, financial institutions, hospitality and entertainment. The firm has an extensive intellectual infrastructure in all aspects relating to trademark registrations, copyright registrations and IP monetisation, as well as in-licensing and franchising. The firm also has an in-house anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy team dedicated to providing clients with proactive and robust legal protection for safeguarding their brand identities in the commercial space.
Anand and Anand is a leading firm in the IP field and its expertise in addressing complex IP challenges of all types is widely acknowledged. It services a diverse portfolio of clients in conventional IP areas, such as trademarks, patents, designs, trade secrets and confidential information, as well as in expanding areas of intellectual property, such as domain names, media and entertainment law, information technology and e-commerce, technology transfers and internet and privacy laws. Anand and Anand specialises in copyright issues regarding media and entertainment law, and represents authors, musicians, software programmers, artists, designers and many other copyright owners, as well as collecting societies.
The firm has a multi-disciplinary practice and provides competent and personalised advice on all aspects of core conventional IP laws, as well as non-conventional IP mandates.
We regularly deal with IP protection and the prosecution of contentious IP matters in different forums, including the courts at all levels, patent offices, trademark offices, the design office, the Intellectual Property Appellate Board, the World Intellectual Property Organisation and the National Internet Exchange of India.
We balance commercial realities with legal pragmatism and draw on our well-honed expertise and instinct in the field, coupled with our profound understanding of IP management in India. The firm has a keen interest in innovation and offers creative solutions that tackle the root and not merely the symptoms of a problem.
The firm thrives on challenges, creative thinking and the continuous improvement of its legal knowledge and skills. The firm’s spirited character is the keystone of its growth and expansion into new areas of intellectual property, which have been embraced with ease and zest. The firm remains committed to setting standards of excellence in the field and providing impeccable services to clients.
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Art and antiquities
- Competition and antitrust
- Compliance and regulatory issues
- Plant varieties
- Contractual and commercial intellectual property
- IT law and domain name disputes
- Sports law
- Fashion and luxury law
- Media and entertainment law
- Licensing and franchising
- Advertising law
- Criminal law
- Customs and border enforcement
Awards and accolades
- Managing Intellectual Property – Firm of the Year, contentious work (India), 2016
- India Business Law Journal – Firm of the Year, intellectual property (India), 2016
- Legal Era – Firm of the Year, intellectual property, 2015 and 2016
- WTR 1000 – gold-ranked firm, 2016
- Chambers Asia Pacific – band 1 firm, intellectual property (India), 2016
- Chambers Asia Pacific – band 1 firm, life sciences (India), 2016
- Legal 500 – tier 1 firm, intellectual property (India), 2016
- Asia IP – Trademarks Firm of the Year, trademarks (India), 2015
- Asia IP – Copyright Firm of the Year (India), 2015
- Women in Business – Law Firm of the Year (India), 2015
- Fourth annual Global IP Conclave Award – Innovation and IP Law Firm of the Year (India), 2015
- Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Asia-Pacific 2015 – recognised
- Managing Intellectual Property – IP Contentious Firm of the Year, 2015
- IAM Patent 1000 – gold-ranked firm for IP litigation and licensing
- Managing Intellectual Property (World Patent Survey 2015) – tier 1 firm for patent prosecution and contentious work
- Managing Intellectual Property – tier 1 for trademark prosecution and contentious work, 2014 and 2015
- Asian Legal Business – Employer of Choice, 2014 and 2015
Anand and Anand
First Channel Building
Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi
Recommended individuals at this firm
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email