Managing Partner - Anand and Anand
Pravin Anand, managing partner of Anand and Anand, completed his law studies in New Delhi in 1979 and has been practising as an IP lawyer since then. He has been counsel in several landmark IP cases, including those involving the first Anton Piller order (HMV); the first Mareva injunction order (Philips); the first Norwich Pharmacal order (Hollywood Cigarettes); moral rights of artists (Amarnath Sehgal); the first order under the Hague Convention (AstraZeneca); and several significant cases for pharmaceutical clients such as Novartis, Pfizer and Roche.
Mr Anand is co-author of the two volumes of Halsbury’s Laws of India on intellectual property and author of the India chapters in Copyright Throughout the World and Trade Secrets Throughout the World. He is on the editorial board of many leading journals on IP jurisprudence and international legal magazines, including Computer and Telecommunications Law Review, Asia Business Law Journal, Practical Law Company – Life Sciences, Asia IP, India Business Law Journal, The Patent Lawyer, World Intellectual Property Review (WIPR), Who’s Who Legal – Patents, Lexis Nexis Asia IP Guide and ACCJ.
Mr Anand has spoken extensively at various forums, including the World Intellectual Property Organisation, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), the International Trademark Association, the Licensing Executives Society, the International Bar Association, LAW ASIA and the UN Conference on Least Developed Countries in the Digital World.
- First Indian legal practitioner to receive the AIPPI Award of Merit
- Featured in the IAM Strategy 300
- Best of the Best 2016: Top 30 Patents Practitioners in the World
- WIPR Leader – Patents, Media and Tech/Electronics (2016)
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Star – Patents (2015-2016)
- Who's Who Legal – Patents Featured Lawyer (2015-2016)
- IAM Patent 1000 gold band Recommended Lawyer (2015-2016)
- WTR 1000 gold band Recommended Lawyer – Enforcement and Litigation (2015-2016)
- Expert Guides Best of the Best – Patents (2015-2016)
- Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Most Innovative Lawyer (Asia-Pacific) (2015)
- Chambers & Partners Highly Recommended Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property (2014-2016)
- Featured in Asialaw Leading Lawyers (2015-2016)
Anand and Anand
First Channel Building
Anti-counterfeiting 2009 – A Global Guide
Fast-paced liberalization and urbanization in India has led to a rise in counterfeiting activities. Counterfeit goods are flooding the domestic markets in traditional areas such as software, clothing and electronics, as well as pharmaceuticals, food, cosmetics, personal care products and films.
World Trademark Review 17
The Indian courts have had to address many legal issues arising from the development of the Internet – from passing off to phishing, metatagging and jurisdictional matters
Anti-counterfeiting 2008 – A Global Guide
In the last decade India has witnessed a tremendous increase in counterfeiting activities as a result of both liberalization and urbanization. Hundreds of counterfeit goods are flooding the domestic cosmetics market and estimates put the volume of counterfeit goods in the pharmaceuticals ...
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email