Managing Partner - Anand and Anand
Pravin Anand is managing partner of Anand and Anand. He completed his law studies in New Delhi in 1979 and has practised as an IP lawyer since then.
Mr Anand has been counsel in several landmark IP cases, including those involving the first Anton Piller order (HMV), first Mareva injunction order (Philips), first Norwich Pharmacal order (Hollywood Cigarettes), moral rights of artists (Amarnath Sehgal), first order under the Hague Convention (Astra Zeneca) and several significant cases for pharmaceutical clients. He received the National Innovation Foundation Award from the Indian government in recognition of pro bono work for grassroots rural innovators.
Mr Anand co-authored the two volumes of Halsbury’s Laws of India on intellectual property and was author of the India chapter in Copyright Throughout the World. He also serves on the editorial board of several international IP journals and international legal magazines, such as Computer and Telecommunications Law Review, Practical Law Company – Life Sciences, Asia IP, The Patent Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal – Patents and Lexis Nexis Asia IP Guide.
Mr Anand has spoken extensively at various forums, including the World Intellectual Property Organisation, the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property, the International Trademark Association, the Licensing Executives Society, the International Bar Association, LAW ASIA and the UN Conference on the least developed countries in the digital world.
Awards and accolades recently accorded to Mr Anand include:
- Managing Intellectual Property IP stars, patents (2015-2017);
- Managing Intellectual Property IP stars, trademarks (2015-2017);
- Chambers and Partners, highly recommended leading lawyer in intellectual property (2015-2017);
- the IAM 300 (2016-2017);
- Expert Guide’s Best of the Best 2016;
- Who’s Who Legal, patents, featured lawyer (2015-2017);
- Who’s Who Legal, trademarks, featured lawyer (2015 and 2017);
- WIPR Leaders, patents, media and tech/electronics (2016- 2017);
- the IAM Patent 1000, gold band recommended lawyer (2015-2017);
- Legal Era, star, dispute resolution lawyer of the year (2015- 2016);
- Expert Guides Best of the Best, patents (2015-2016);
- the Legal 500 leading individual for intellectual property (2015-2016); and
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers, recognised lawyer for IP litigation (2015-2017).
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email