Partner - Gün + Partners
Uğur Aktekin is co-head of Gün + Partners’ IP practice and technology, media and telecommunications practice.
Mr Aktekin’s IP practice focuses on trademarks, industrial designs and copyrights. He advises on implementing IP protection and enforcement strategies and portfolio management, representing clients before the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office in cancellations, infringement and other types of court action, alternative dispute resolution proceedings, filing for interlocutory and precautionary injunctions, and negotiating and drafting coexistence, settlement and licensing agreements.
Mr Aktekin has been involved in numerous anti-piracy campaigns, civil litigation, criminal raids and litigation involving software copyrights.
Mr Aktekin’s technology, media and telecommunications practice covers media, advertising, consumer, internet, copyright and patent law, which includes:
- technology licensing;
- information technologies;
- computer software;
- computer games;
- data protection;
- database protection;
- data privacy;
- domain names; and
- television and film.
Mr Aktekin is a member of the following international associations:
- the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys of Turkey (founder and president);
- the International Bar Association;
- the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property;
- the International Federation of IP Attorneys;
- the International Trademark Association;
- the International Association of Privacy Professionals;
- the International Technology Law Association;
- the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance;
- the Patent and Trademark Attorneys’ Association of Turkey; and
- the Istanbul Bar Association.
Mr Aktekin specialises in the defensive patent aggregation, legal, technology transfer and valuation sectors.
Register for more free content
- Read more World Trademark Review blogs and articles
- Receive the editor's weekly review by email